Thursday, July 3, 2014

Dear Sesame Street

Dear Sesame Street

I am a 27 year old mother of 3 and have loved your show since I was a baby myself. I have noticed a lot has changed over the years but the show continues to be educational and fun, thank you for that. I once watched Sesame Street with my children, but not anymore. You see, your partnership with autism speaks absolutely saddens me. I have 2 autistic sons who I love, cherish and accept whole heartedly. I would never change them. I would never want their autism cured. I love their autism and one day when they are older they will too. Autism speaks does nothing but damage autism awareness. Please don't continue this horrid partnership, I beg you to do your research.

Yours sincerely,

An autism mum who believes 'nothing about us, without us'.

No comments:

Post a Comment