Sunday, July 13, 2014

Why I don’t want to be cured

I'm a 14 years old girl, I live in Belgium and my name is Saartje.



Why I don’t want to be cured
 
I have several problems but if there is one of them I don’t want to be cured its my autism. It even isn’t a problem just the way this society works makes it a problem it’s a part of who I am. The only thing that’s a problem is that some people like AS don’t want to accept who I am. But I will fight. I will fight until the whole world accept me as bring equal, as being an human, as being a person who doesn’t need to be cured.
 
There’s no reason to cure us because there is nothing to cure.
 
And if you would be cured (wich is not possible) who would you be, you would be a totally different person like the bullie that always bullied you or the popular kid with no real friends. Sometimes you feel lonely and you want to be normall. But let me tell you this there no such thing as normall and when you feel lonely you have to realise that there’s a big great community supporting you and will always got your back. And can be one of strongest voices I’ve ever heard. It’s the autism community. We aren’t disabled, we’re alternatively abled, but we can speak for ourself. Look how we stand up against sesame street and AS partnering. So sesame street shouldn’t you start to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment