Monday, June 30, 2014

Matthew to @SesameWorkshop

Hi my name is Matthew Vergano. I am a 25 year old male. I was diagnosed with autism at 3 years old. I was non verbal until 5 years old and a regular viewer of Sesame Street in that timeframe. My diagnosis now would be asperger syndrome. Also, I suffer from anxiety.
 
My problems with Autism Speaks are that they treat the people with autism as diseased. There is not a single person with autism working for the organization. I do not like the percent of money which is raised and the low percent of money that actually goes for research. Too much money goes to pay the salaries of the board members. They also portray autistic children and adults as monsters and people with diseased minds and who are out of control. Any way I can help, please tell me. my name is Matthew Vergano.

No comments:

Post a Comment